Creamy Tuna and Vegetable Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (6 oz.) cans solid-pack tuna, drained
- 1 (17 oz.) can green peas, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 425°F.
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan. Add green pepper and onions. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk gradually stirring to mix well. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened about 5 minutes. Add tuna, peas and pimiento. Stir to mix lightly. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 239), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.