Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 1 dozen rolls
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 ounce package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/3 Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- SPRAY a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray.
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water. Combine 1/2 cup milk, sugar, melted shortening, salt and egg in large bowl. Add 2 cups flour; mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in just enough remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 to 6 minutes. Place in prepared bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- PUNCH down dough when it has doubled in size. Roll into a 15 x 9-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread melted butter over dough. Combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in small bowl; sprinkle over buttered dough. Beginning on one long side, tightly roll up dough; pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pan. Let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- BEAT cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar, beating until combined. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until thick but spreadable consistency. Beat until smooth. Spread over slightly cooled rolls. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 12), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.