Special Occasion Cookie Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (13.5 oz.) Pillsbury Easy Frost® No-Fuss Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pat dough into prepared pan.
- BAKE 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely. It may be necessary to trim edges of cookie to form a clean even edge all around cookie.
- DECORATE as desired. See variations for more ideas.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 50g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.