Baking with a Bread Machine
Bread machines that mix, knead and bake bread have become popular appliances. Here are a few tips for making the most of your bread machine:
- Read and follow manufacturer’s directions.
- Use only recipes specifically developed for your bread machine.
- Always use bread flour.
- For a whole grain loaf, whole grain flour can be substituted for up to half of the bread flour. The volume of a whole grain loaf will be less than a regular loaf.
- Measure ingredients accurately. This should be done with all baked recipes, but it is especially important when using these appliances.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature before placing them in the machine. Do not use perishable ingredients such as yogurt, eggs or milk if you’re using the delayed-time bake cycle. The ingredients can spoil before baking begins.