How to Make Quickbread
We want to make your experience with Pillsbury® Baking as simple and pleasurable as possible. If you have a question about a specific product, please see our frequently asked questions.
Quick Bread Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I prevent my quick bread from sticking to the pan?
- Generously grease only the bottom of the loaf pan. Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- How long should the quick bread cool before removing it from the pan?
- Cool 20 minutes. To remove from pan, loosen edges with a knife or metal spatula.
- How long does quick bread need to cool before slicing?
- For best results, cool quick bread completely before slicing.
- Can I make mini loaves using the quick bread mix?
- Yes. Follow the package directions and divide the batter between three 3 x 5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 375°F for 35–45 minutes.
- What can I stir into my quick bread to make it extra special?
- Depending on the flavor combination you are looking for, stir 1/2 cup of one of the following into the batter: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped nuts.
- How should I store my quick bread?
- Wrap tightly, store in the refrigerator, and use within 5–7 days.
- Can I freeze my baked quick bread?
- Yes. Wrap bread tightly and use within 3 months.
- How do I make a streusel topping for the quick bread?
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter before baking.
- What is the recipe for a cream cheese glaze?
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar; 1 (3 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened; 1 tablespoon milk; and 1/3 teaspoon vanilla. Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed. Spoon or drizzle glaze over cooled bread. Store in the refrigerator.