Pillsbury Angel Food Cake
We want to make your experience with Pillsbury Baking as simple and pleasurable as possible. If you have a question about a specific product, please see our frequently asked questions.
Angel Food Cake Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I prepare my angel food cake pan?
- Do NOT grease the pan. The batter needs to cling to the sides of the pan in order to rise.
- Do I need to change the placement of my oven rack to bake an angel food cake?
- Yes. It is important to move the oven rack to the lowest position before baking to assure the cake will rise to its full height.
- Why did my angel food cake fall?
- If the cake is underbaked, it will not hold its height when tipped upside down to cool. Also, it is important not to open the oven door until the minimum bake time has been achieved.
- What can I mix into the angel food cake batter to add flavor?
- Flavoring suggestions: • Almond—Add 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract during the last 30 seconds of mixing • Spice—Add 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice during the last 30 seconds of mixing • Cherry Nut—Fold in 1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, well drained, and 1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts