Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make your experience with Pillsbury® Baking as simple and pleasurable as possible. If you have a question about a specific product, please see our frequently asked questions.
Softasilk® Cake Flour Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Softasilk® Cake Flour?
- Softasilk is specially formulated for cake baking. It is milled from select soft wheat that gives cakes high volume, fine crumb and delicate, tender texture.
- Is it necessary to sift Softasilk® Cake Flour?
- Softasilk is sifted many times during the milling process, so it is not necessary to sift before using. Simply spoon lightly into a measuring cup and level off.
- Can Softasilk® Cake Flour be substituted for all-purpose flour?
- Yes. Use 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of Softasilk for every cup of all-purpose flour.