Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
Available Size(s): 5lb.
Allergy Information:CONTAINS WHEAT INGREDIENTS.
Product formulation and packaging may change. For the most current information regarding a particular product, please refer to the product package.
|Serv Size 1/4 cup (31g)|
|Servings Per Container About 73|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 110||Calories from Fat 5|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||13%|
|Vitamin A 0%|
|Vitamin C 0%|
|Folic Acid 2%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR.
Pillsbury® BEST® Flour Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about flour terminology and storage techniques.
- What is bleached flour?
- It is a natural whitening process important for obtaining high-quality baked products. Bleaching agents are added to obtain the same effect on flour as natural aging, only with faster results. The process does not affect the nutritional value of the flour.
- Is it necessary to sift the flour before measuring it?
- Our flours are all presifted; therefore it is not necessary to sift.
- What is the best way to store flour?
- Store flour in an airtight container in a cool place (75°F or cooler). For longer storage, place flour bag in a resealable plastic freezer bag and refrigerate or freeze. Properly stored, flour will stay fresh for up to 2 years.
- Can all-purpose flour be substituted for self-rising flour in recipes?
- Yes. If a recipe calls for self-rising flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt for every cup of all-purpose flour substituted in the recipe. We do not, however, recommend using self-rising in place of all-purpose because it will result in a very salty, strong baking powder taste.
- What does “bolted” mean on flour packages?
- Bolted means that the flour has been sifted through a fine sieve or screen.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.