All-American Apple Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 7 cups peeled, cored, thinly sliced tart apples
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon tapioca
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon warm water
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions.
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- TOSS apples and blueberries in large bowl with lemon juice. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, flour and tapioca. Mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pie crust. Cut butter into small pieces and place on top of filling.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BEAT egg white with warm water. Brush on top crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Put a strip of foil around the edge of crust while baking to prevent excessive browning.
- BAKE 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden and filling is bubbling.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of pie), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 69g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 39g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.