- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 whole almonds
- BEAT shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and almond extract until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating until well blended. Shape dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly with fingertips. Gently press an almond into center of each.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just set but not brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.