Almond Crunch Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 pie
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine or orange peel
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon grated tangerine or orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- SIFT together flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in lemon and tangerine peel. Cut in shortening and butter with pastry blender until mixture is size of small peas. Sprinkle with ice water, one tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly until dough holds together. Gently shape into a ball. Wrap and chill while preparing filling and topping.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE all filling ingredients in large bowl. Mix all topping ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- ROLL out pastry; fit into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, leaving 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under; flute. Pour filling into crust. Sprinkle topping mixture over filling.
- BAKE 1 hour or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.