Almond Fudge Topped Shortbread
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 220 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted*
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter, powdered sugar and salt in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Press with floured hands evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract. Spread evenly over shortbread.
- GARNISH with almonds; press down firmly. Chill 3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.
- TIP *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 piece of 24), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.