Almond Tea Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Beat shortening, milk and almond extract at medium speed until well blended. Beat in granulated sugar.
- COMBINE flour, almonds and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture. Shape dough into balls using one level measuring tablespoon for each. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes (cookies will not brown). Remove to cooling rack. Roll slightly warm cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool completely. Roll cooled cookies again in powdered sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.