Aloha Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or lemon extract
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in natural juice, well-drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening, egg, orange peel, orange juice, vanilla and orange extract in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda, salt and ginger in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- STIR in pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.