Apple Cheesecake Pie
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced Jonathon or Granny Smith apples (about 2 lbs. or 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, apple juice and vanilla in small bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Spread evenly in unbaked pie crust.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Place apple slices in large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spoon over cheesecake filling in pie crust. Dot evenly with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place over filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Flutes edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.