Apple Cinnamon Rings
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 30 apple rings
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 large baking apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- WHISK flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Mix together milk and egg. Whisk into flour mixture until well blended. Refrigerate one hour.
- MAKE cinnamon-sugar mixture by combining sugar and cinnamon.
- HEAT 2 or 3-inches shortening to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- PEEL and core apples. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rings. Dip in batter. Drain off excess. Fry a few rings at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with slotted metal spoon. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 apple ring), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.