Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- OR Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and shredded apples (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add apples, carrots, raisins, walnuts and coconut. Mix well. Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs. Stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups evenly.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pans. Cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 17g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.