Apple Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury® Cranberry Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch ovenproof skillet or 10-inch deep dish pie pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brown sugar and butter in small bowl, mixing well. Spread in prepared skillet. Arrange apple slices in spoke-like pattern over brown sugar mixture. Place cranberries in center and along outside edge.
- STIR quick bread mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Spoon batter over fruit.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.