- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 24 fritters
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT 2 to 3 inches oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep heavy saucepan.
- COMBINE egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in apple and 1 tablespoon oil.
- COMBINE flour, 1 tbsp. sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture. Stir until just mixed.
- DROP by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into oil. Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a re-sealable bag. Gently shake fritters in mixture. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 fritter), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.