Apple Mince Pie
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked double crust pie crust
- 3 medium Gala or Granny Smith apples, cored, pared and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (27 oz.) jar None Such® Ready-to-Use Classic Original Mincemeat
- OR 1 (27 oz.) None Such® Brandy and Rum Mincemeat
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 2 tbsps. water (optional)
- PLACE rack in lower half of oven. Heat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch pie plate with 1 crust.
- TOSS apples with flour and butter in large bowl; turn into prepared crust. Spoon mincemeat evenly over apple mixture.
- COVER with top crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut slits near center. Brush egg mixture over crust, if desired. Bake 10 minutes.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 375°F. Bake 25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool. Garnish as desired.
- TIP To substitute condensed mincemeat for ready-to-use mincemeat, crumble two (9 oz.) packages NONE SUCH® Condensed Mincemeat into small saucepan; add 1 1/2 cups water. Boil briskly 1 minute. Cool. Proceed as above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 80g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 37g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.