Apple Yogurt Pie
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 145 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 cups peeled, sliced Cortland or other baking apples (about 2 pounds or 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- PLACE apples in large bowl. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Toss well to coat. Add yogurt; stir gently until apple slices are coated. Spoon filling into unbaked pie crust. Dot with shortening. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 1 hour. Cover edge with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 23g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.