Applesauce Nut Bread
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites and skim milk in large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine until all ingredients are well blended. Stir in chopped walnuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 60 to 70 minutes. Place pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.