Applesauce Oatmeal Raisin Loaf
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Puritan® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats (not instant), uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons quick or old-fashioned oats (not instant), uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place cooling rack on countertop.
- COMBINE brown sugar, oil, egg whites, applesauce and water in large bowl.
- COMBINE oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Stir into liquid ingredients until just blended. Stir in raisins. Spoon into prepared loaf pan.
- MIX together oats, almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of loaf.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool 10 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Loosen from sides. Remove from pan. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- PLACE slice on serving plate. Spoon about 2 tablespoons additional applesauce over top of each slice.
APPLESAUCE OATMEAL RAISIN MUFFINS
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Line 12 medium (about 2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with foil or paper liners. Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Spoon remaining applesauce over muffin halves, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (10), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 29g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.