Linda Hickam, Healdsburg, CA, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 Finalist
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 36 bars
- 1 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Slivered Blanched Almonds
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, cut up
- 1 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 3/4 cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, place almonds. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until finely chopped. Add flour, sugar and butter to almonds. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. (Or, finely chop almonds. In large bowl, mix chopped almonds, flour and sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.)
- In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan, evenly press half of crumb mixture (about 2 1/2 cups).
- In medium bowl, mix preserves, caramel topping and coconut. Spread over crumb mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly over apricot mixture to edges of pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Domino is the registered trademark of American Sugar Refining, Inc. Yonkers, NY 10750
C&H is a registered trademark of C&H Sugar Company, Crockett, CA
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.