Apricot Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 oz.) package dried apricot halves, diced
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsps. chopped pecans
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE 1⁄2 cup water in small saucepan. Heat to boiling. Place diced apricots in strainer over boiling water. Reduce heat to warm. Cover. Steam 15 minutes. Cool. Reserve liquid.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in nuts, apricots and reserved liquid from apricots. Stir in oats with spoon. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 11 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.