Apricot Pecan Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 dozen bars
- 1/2 cup finely snipped apricots
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- PLACE snipped apricots into heavy saucepan with small amount of water (3 to 4 tablespoons). Cover tightly; cook over low heat 10 minutes or until apricots are soft and liquid is absorbed. Cool.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Combine flour and powdered sugar in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly and firmly into 9-inch square baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes while making topping.
- BEAT egg, brown sugar and vanilla until thick. Stir in apricots and pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls over entire partially baked layer; spread to cover.
- BAKE an additional 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Blend powdered sugar with lemon juice to make glaze.
- REMOVE pan from oven and immediately drizzle glaze over top. Cool completely; cut into bars.
- TIP If packaged dried apricots are extremely soft, it may not be necessary to cook the apricots.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/24 of recipe), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.