Apricot Pecan Bread
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- COMBINE apricots and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Cool.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Stir in nuts. Combine apricots, egg, buttermilk and melted shortening in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 23g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.