Apricot Upside-Down Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 (15.25 oz.) cans apricot halves, drained and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- For topping: HEAT oven to 350ºF. Place butter in 13x9-inch baking pan; place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted. Crumble brown sugar evenly over top of butter. Sprinkle pecans and coconut evenly over brown sugar. Mix apricots with apricot preserves; arrange in a single layer over nuts and coconut.
- For cake: PREPARE cake batter according to package directions using the oil, water and eggs. Pour batter evenly over apricot topping. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice of 12), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 480mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 55g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.