Asian Green Onion Crepes with Garlic-Ginger Pork
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 4 servings
GREEN ONION CREPES
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- OR 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Simply Fruit® Apricot Spreadable Fruit
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- BLEND milk, water, eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, unbleached flour, whole wheat flour and salt in food processor or blender for 30 seconds. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in green onion. Cover and chill 1 hour. Stir together spreadable fruit, vinegar and cayenne pepper in small microwave-safe bowl.
- HEAT olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pork. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Add gingerroot, soy sauce, sesame oil, carrot and jalapeño pepper. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro. Keep warm while making crepes.
- HEAT small (8-inch) skillet over medium heat. Brush lightly with remaining melted butter. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into pan, tilting pan to cover bottom with a thin layer. Cook for 30 seconds or until crepe begins to set. Loosen edges with spatula. Turn crepe and cook an additional 30 seconds. Brush pan with additional melted butter between each crepe. Continue with remaining batter to make at least 12 crepes.
- SPOON 2 to 3 tablespoons pork filling down center of 12 crepes. Roll and place on serving plate, seam side down. Microwave Apricot Sauce on HIGH for 20 seconds or just until warm. Serve with crepes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 205mg, Sodium 710mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 20g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.