Bacon Corncakes with Warm Maple Cream
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (10 oz.) box Green Giant® frozen shoepeg white corn and butter sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Self Rising Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup maple flavored syrup
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon 8 minutes over medium-high heat or until crispy around edges. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings; set aside. Microwave frozen corn as directed on box. Pour into medium bowl; set aside.
- In blender or food processor, place 1/2 cup of the sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup water, egg and 3 tablespoons of the corn and butter sauce. Cover; blend on high speed 5 to 10 seconds or until smooth.
- In 2-quart bowl, place milk mixture, flour, bacon drippings and the remaining corn and butter sauce; mix until blended. Set aside. Spray griddle or skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat (375°F). Stir batter, for each corncake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Crumble 1/2 slice cooked bacon over each corncake. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix the remaining sweetened condensed milk and maple-flavored syrup. Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring once, or until thoroughly heated. Serve over corncakes.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Pillsbury® and Green Giant® are registered trademarks of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 serving (1/4 recipe)), Calories 780 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 690mg, Total Carbohydrate 136g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 23g), Protein 21g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 25%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.