Banana Chocolate Brunch Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Banana Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix, 1/3 cup reserved for topping
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped banana
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup reserved quick bread mix
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray 9 or 10-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Reserve 1/3 cup quick bread mix for topping. Combine remaining quick bread mix, water, 3 tablespoons oil and eggs in large bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened.
- POUR half of batter (about 1 1/3 cups) into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with banana and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spoon remaining batter over chips; carefully spread to cover.
- COMBINE reserved 1/3 cup quick bread mix, pecans and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and edges start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Melt glaze ingredients in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry quick bread mix before dividing. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice of 8), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 34g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.