Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter Filling
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) mashed bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stirred
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, sugar and butter in large bowl until creamy; add banana, egg, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Add to banana mixture; mix until soft dough forms. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- BEAT peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until well mixed. Spread about one tablespoon filling on bottoms of half of cookies. Gently press bottoms of remaining cookies against filling to form sandwiches.
- TIP Instead of making sandwiches, cookies can be frosted. Add one to two tablespoons milk to peanut butter filling, stirring until smooth; frost tops of cookies. Decorate with chocolate morsels, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 30), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.