Banana-Filled Caramel-Chocolate Crepes
Sherry Smith, Bunker Hill, WV, Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 Finalist
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 6 large firm ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 3/4 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Walnuts
- In large bowl, stir together brownie mix, flour, eggs, milk and oil until smooth.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray; heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto center of skillet. Immediately rotate skillet until thin layer of batter covers bottom. Cook over medium heat about 1 minute, turning once, until top appears slightly dry.
- Remove crepe to cutting board, flipping crepe over so first cooked side is facing up. Immediately roll up crepe; place on plate to cool. Cover with kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In large saucepan, cook butter and granulated sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla and lemon peel until well mixed. Add banana slices; gently toss until coated and slightly softened.
- Fill 1 crepe at a time, keeping remaining crepes covered. Gently unroll crepe; fill with slightly less than 1/4 cup banana filling. Reroll crepe; place seam side down on platter. Repeat with remaining crepes. Top crepes with drizzle of caramel topping and dollop of whipped topping. Sprinkle tops lightly with powdered sugar; sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
High Altitude (3500 to 6500 ft)
- Increase flour to 1 1/4 cups. When cooking crepes, heat skillet over medium-low heat.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Domino is the registered trademark of American Sugar Refining, Inc. Yonkers, NY 10750
C&H is a registered trademark of C&H Sugar Company, Crockett, CA
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 650 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 55g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.