Banana Nut Cake with Double Cream Frosting
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 1 9-inch layer cake
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
DOUBLE CREAM FROSTING
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix with remaining cake ingredients in bowl of electric mixer; blend on low speed 1 minute; scrape sides of the bowl. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes, scraping sides down as needed. Divide between prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
DOUBLE CREAM FROSTING
- WHIP cream until peaks form; set aside. Place cream cheese and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; blend on low speed until combined.
- ADD powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time; blend on low speed until well incorporated, about 1 minute. Add banana extract, if desired; blend on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute more. Gently fold in whipped cream. Use immediately to frost cake.
- PLACE 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread with frosting. Top with second layer, top side up. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 23g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.