Banana Spice Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Cinnamon Bun Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Cinnamon Bun Flavored Frosting
- Ground cinnamon, pecan halves or walnut halves (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350° F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- BEAT cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Beat in mashed bananas. Stir in nuts. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and frosting in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Place in large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Make a 1/2-inch cut off one corner of bag. Pipe frosting in a circular pattern on top of each cupcake to create a swirl. Chill. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Garnish each with a pecan half, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.