Banana Walnut Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add cake flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk and mashed bananas. Beat on low speed until well blended. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- PLACE 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with frosting. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost sides and top of cake. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 42g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.