- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chunks or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup peanuts or coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, banana, milk, vanilla and almond extracts in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if desired. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are light brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- TIP A combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chunks can be used.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.