Batter-Dipped Sea Scallops
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- Purchased tartar sauce
- Lemon wedges
- HEAT 2 or 3 inches shortening to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- COMBINE egg, milk and shortening in medium bowl.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt in separate bowl. Add to egg mixture; beat until smooth. Pat scallops dry. Dip scallops in batter. Drain off excess.
- FRY a few at a time 1 1/2 to 3 minutes (depending on size) or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Drain on paper towels.
- SERVE with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 700 (Calories from Fat 420), Total Fat 48g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 790mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 42g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.