Beautiful Butterfly Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 to 16
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 4 individually wrapped chocolate cream-filled rolled snack cakes
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Neon Yellow Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Mini chocolate covered pretzels and small colorful gumdrops
- 2 thin pretzel sticks
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs, baking in 12-cup fluted tube pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- PLACE 2 snack cakes, end to end, in center of large flat serving platter. Lightly frost bottoms of remaining snack cakes and place on top. Cut cake into two equal pieces. Arrange 1 cake half on each side of snack cakes, rounded side up and cut edges facing out.
- FROST one half of cake with yellow frosting. Sprinkle immediately with half of candy bits from frosting. Reserve two tablespoons frosting in resealable plastic bag; microwave on HIGH for 5 seconds, or until soft. Snip a tiny corner off the bag and drizzle frosting across the snack cakes. Frost and sprinkle remaining candy bits over other half of cake. Slice gumdrops into rounds and place on cake as desired. Insert sliced gumdrops into chocolate pretzels and place on cake. Insert pretzel sticks near outside edge of top snack cake to resemble antennae.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 49g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.