- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Ready Time: 25 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen beignets
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT 2 to 3 inches oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- COMBINE water, butter and salt in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- ADD flour and sugar. Reduce heat to medium and stir until dough is smooth and comes away from side of pan; remove from heat. Stir 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- ADD eggs one at a time. Beat after each addition until well blended. Beat in vanilla.
- DROP by teaspoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry several minutes or until deeply golden brown, turning as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted metal spoon. Drain on paper towels. Roll in powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 beignet), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.