Berry Filled Shortbread Brunch Tart
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (do not use margarine)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Northwest Triple Berry Preserves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. In food processor, place flour, 3/4 cup of the powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover; process until well blended. Add butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla; process with on-and-off pulses until mixture is consistency of fine crumbs.
- Press 1 1/2 cups of the mixture evenly in ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12 minutes. Remove to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir preserves to soften; set aside. In another small bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Cover; refrigerate.
- Spread preserves evenly over cooled crust to within 3/8-inch of edge. Sprinkle remaining crust mixture evenly over top, covering preserves completely. Pat gently; sprinkle with white sparkling sugar.
- Bake 18 to 26 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool 25 minutes on cooling rack; remove side of pan. Using sharp knife, cut into 12 wedges. Serve warm with sweetened mascarpone mixture.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Pillsbury® is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 recipe), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 5mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.