Big Easy Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1 pouch Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vibrant Green Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 pouch Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Neon Yellow Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting
- OR Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Bold Purple Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Purple, green and yellow colored sugar or decorator sprinkles
- Foil-wrapped chocolate coins or Mardi Gras decorating picks
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare both cupcake & cake mixes separately, according to package directions, using 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup oil and 2 egg whites for each. Spoon 1 tablespoon green batter into each baking cup. Top with 1 tablespoon yellow batter. Repeat until all batter is added to baking cups.
- BAKE 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting and cream cheese in medium bowl with electric on high speed until blended. Spoon into large heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut 1/2-inch corner off bag. Pipe frosting on tops of cupcakes in a swirl pattern. Sprinkle with decorator sugar. Decorate with foil-wrapped coins or other Mardi Gras-themed accents, as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 cupcakes), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.