Bird's Nest Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
CHOCOLATE BANANA CUPCAKES
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs)
- OR 2 cups Hungry Jack® Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Add Milk, Oil & Eggs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Assorted small speckled jelly beans
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- BEAT eggs, bananas, oil, water and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add pancake mix, sugar, cocoa and salt. Beat until smooth. Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT frosting, peanut butter and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer until blended. Spread on cooled cupcakes. Place coconut in small bowl. Dip frosted top of each cupcake in coconut to cover. Make a rounded indentation on the top of each cupcake, using the back of a small spoon, to form a nest. Arrange 5 to 6 jelly beans in each nest.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.