Biscuit Topped Deep Dish Chicken Bake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen vegetable blend
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken, turkey, or ham
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT shortening in large saucepan. Add onion and celery. Cook and stir on medium heat until onion is tender. Add frozen vegetables and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
- STIR in flour, parsley, Italian seasoning and pepper. Add milk and bouillon granules. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add chicken. Pour into prepared casserole.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and parsley in small bowl; cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk. Stir with fork until blended. Drop by spoonfuls on top of casserole to form 8 biscuits.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (abt 1/4 c, 1/6 of recipe), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 700mg, Total Carbohydrate 69g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 9g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 35%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.