Black & White Chocolate Cupcakes 4 Ways
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24
- 6 (1 oz.) squares white baking chocolate, divided
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz.) package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- MELT 3 (1 oz.) squares white chocolate according to package directions. Let cool while preparing cake batter. Beat cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in melted white chocolate and 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE remaining 1 1/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips in small bowl. Unwrap 2 (1 oz.) squares white chocolate. Over a sheet of wax paper, use a vegetable peeler along all edges to create white chocolate curls or grated white chocolate. Place remaining 1 (1 oz.) square white chocolate in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Knead. Microwave at additional 10 second intervals until completely melted and smooth when kneaded.
- FROST all 24 cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Dip tops of 6 cupcakes into mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to complete. Cut a very small corner off bottom of plastic bag containing white chocolate. Drizzle over 12 cupcakes. Sprinkle 6 of these cupcakes with some of the remaining mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to complete. Add white chocolate curls to remaining mini semi-sweet chocolate chips in bowl. Spoon chocolate mixture over 6 cupcakes to complete. Arrange cupcakes on serving platter.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 32g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.