Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
Candied fruit finds its way into many holiday recipes. The candied cherries in our Black Forest Oatmeal Fancies add festive color, texture and taste!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 (6 oz.) white chocolate baking bar, coarsely chopped
- 3 (2 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped candied or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in with spoon, one at a time, oats, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, cherries and nuts.
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.