- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 15 twists
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Blackberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the dry ingrdients; add milk all at once. Stir with a fork until dough clings together.
- TURN the dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 to 12 strokes. Roll dough out to 15 x 8-inch rectangle.
- SPREAD jam over dough. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup coconut. Fold dough in half to make a 15 x 4 inch rectangle. Cut crosswise into 1-inch strips. Holding each strip at both ends, twist twice. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 twist), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.