- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening and milk in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until melted, stirring after each minute. Stir in sugar, then egg.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in butterscotch chips, nuts and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE 27 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack. Cut into 2x2-inch squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 22g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.