Blue Ridge Blackberry Lemon Bars
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 25-30 bars
- 2 cups oats, either quick or old-fashioned (uncooked)
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup lightly toasted walnuts*, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Seedless Blackberry Jam
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Toss together in a large mixing bowl oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and salt until well blended.
- SPRINKLE mixture with lemon juice, then with a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter pieces until mixture is crumbly.
- SPRAY 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture, then sprinkle remainder in pan, pressing with fingers to form a crust
- BAKE 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, then spread blackberry jam evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with reserved oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- RETURN to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- TIP *To toast nuts: Place walnuts in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 25), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.