- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blueberry Sauce (optional)
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 9 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT sugar and shortening with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until blended. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to shortening mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- COMBINE brown sugar, flour and salt for topping. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir together milk and vanilla. Stir into brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture in pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve with Blueberry Sauce, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of recipe), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 33g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.